Sunday 11 August 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Huff and Hiromi Makihara.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1963 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?