Monday 11 August 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Magic by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK The Winner Takes It All by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1980!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1980 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Sébastien Squillaci: French international football/soccer player, nicknamed in France as "Toto.
- Justin Jedlica: Model.
- Daniel Lloyd: English cyclist and sportscaster.
- Lee Suggs: American football player.
- Robert Paul: French Field and Track champion for the Olympics long jump at Berlin, 1936.
- Angola revises its constitution
- Mohammed Ali Radjai appointed Premier of Iran
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- The Manhattans - Shining Star
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open The Door
- Kim Carnes - More Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?