Wednesday 11 August 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 August 2010 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 August
- Markus Liebherr: German-born Swiss owner of Southampton Football Club (Born 1948).
- Dan Rostenkowski, Illinois Democratic Representative (1958-94), dies at age 82.
- A grenade attack occurs during rush hour in Kigali, Rwanda, two days after the country's presidential election. (BBC)
- A government-appointed commission in Sri Lanka investigating the country's civil war opens. (Aljazeera)
- Corpses of more than 50 people are unearthed in Perućac lake on the border between Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia by investigators looking for people who were killed during the 1992-95 Bosnian War. (BBC)
- 8 Iraqi soldiers are killed and 4 others are wounded by an explosion at a house in Diyala. (BBC)
- Millions of Muslims begin the holy month of Ramadan in which they are required to fast between sunrise and sunset. (''The Guardian'')
- Pope Benedict XVI refuses the resignations of Irish bishops Eamonn Walsh and Raymond Field, who resigned at Christmas over criticism in the Murphy Report into child sexual abuse. (''The Washington Post'')
- The Buggles, known for ampquotVideo Killed the Radio Starampquot, the first song played on MTV, announce they are to reunite for a one-off first ever live performance. (''The Guardian'')
- An American museum launches an appeal designed to restore 5 dresses that actress Vivien Leigh wore in the film ''Gone with the Wind'' (1939) ahead of 2014's 75th anniversary. (BBC)
- The internet parody video ampquotNewport State of Mindampquot, which had received hundreds of thousands of hits, is taken off YouTube due to a ampquotcopyright claimampquot by EMI Publishing. (BBC)
- A preliminary investigation blames driver error for many Toyota accidents. (''The Guardian'')
- International stock markets slump in value in Asia, Europe and North America due to speculation brought about by comments from the Federal Reserve System of the United States. (CBC News)
- The Bank of England's governor Mervyn King admits the economy will not grow very much and inflation will stay higher for longer in the UK, describing as a ampquotchoppy recoveryampquot being ahead over the next two years. (BBC)
- Fires are reported in Russia's nuclear-contaminated forests from the Chernobyl disaster in 1986, amid concerns about the spread of radiation. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Heavy rains threaten rescue efforts after a deadly mudslide in Gansu, China, as the death toll reaches 1,117. (Aljazeera)
- 2010 Pakistan floods:
- Food prices quadruple in Pakistan as conditions worsen and at least 1.4 million acres of crops are wiped out in Punjab by Pakistan's worst floods. (BBC)
- The United Nations warns that there could be a second wave of deaths due to the devastation caused by the floods. (''Mail Guardian'')
- Gordon Brown requests that the British public supply more money to be used to help those affected by the floods. (''The Guardian'')
- National Transportation Safety Board investigators arrive at the scene of the 2010 Alaska plane crash near Aleknagik, Alaska. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?