Tuesday 11 December 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 11 December 1900 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Boarding School Girls' Pajama Parade
A Thief in a Soubrette's Boarding House
Which were the important events of 11 December 1900 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
See other famous people born on 11 December
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This was the #1 best-selling novel in the United States in 1900, made into movies several times in subsequent years. It is set in colonial North America, beginning in the year 1621.
Robert Grant was an American author and a jurist who participated in a review of the Sacco and Vanzetti trial a few weeks before their executions.
This work has been selected by scholars as being culturally important, and is part of the knowledge base of civilization as we know it. This work was reproduced from the original artifact, and remains as true to the original work ...
Tell the world why 11 December 1900 is such a special date for you!