Thursday 11 December 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Battle of Shiloh, directed by Joseph Smiley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1913 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Rene Bazennerye: France sport Champion.
- Kléber Haedens: French novelist, essayist and journalist.
- Jean Marais Cherbourgh France actor (Eternal Return: Beauty and the Beast, The Storm Within, Donkey Skin, Orpheus, Stealing Beauty - 1996).
- Carlo Ponti: Milan, Italy -- Married to Sophia Loren / director (2 Women).
- Kleber Haedens: France Writer.
- Jean Marais: French actor with rugged handsome features who often played athletic roles and became one of France's most durable screen heroes from his 1941 debut in "Le Pavilllon Brule." In 1947, he played in the noted film "Beauty and the Beast."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - American Quartet
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1913 and get them!