Saturday 11 December 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Cheat, directed by Fannie Ward, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 11 December 1915 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 11 December 1915 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
See other famous people born on 11 December
Anna van: Beers [Graeve] actress (A Woman like Eve).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1915?
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1093
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1092
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1091
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A narrative of loss and change, a love story, and a warning about the evils of materialism, the book chronicles two midwestern families trying to cope with the onset of industrialization.
Excerpt: ...pleased to call plutocratic obsessions, nor had their disapproval always been confined to badinage. Nancy, too, they looked upon as a renegade. I was able to bear their reproaches with the superior good nature that springs from success, to ...
This early 20th-century classic chronicles the adventures of an orphaned newspaper boy in his "hand-to-hand scuffle" with life in a midwestern metropolis. Gene Stratton-Porter's faith in the healing power of nature is also apparent, in a lovingly depicted tamarack swamp ...
Pollyanna Grows Up is a 1915 children's novel by Eleanor H. Porter. It is the first of many sequels to Porter's best-selling Pollyanna. Pollyanna, now cured of her crippling spinal injury, spends her time teaching the "glad game" to new ...
Tell the world why 11 December 1915 is such a special date for you!