Wednesday 11 December 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Squaw Man, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1918 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: Russian dissident writer, novelist and historian whose work brilliantly exposed the brutality of life in the Stalin era.
- Clinton Adams: American painter and historian (d. 2002).
- Ivan Cankar Slavic author (Hlapec Jernej): dies at age 42.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oui, Oui, Marie - Arthur Fields
- Smiles - Lambert Murphy
- The Yanks Are at it Again - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?