Thursday 11 December 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Victory, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1919 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- John Dillon: American military, rear admiral.
- Lucien Teisseire: French road bicycle racer, most known for his bronze medal in the 1948 Road World Championships.
- Cliff Michelmore: English television host and producer.
- Marie Windsor: American actress and singer (d. 2000).
- Boll weevil monument dedicated in Enterprise, Ala
- The citizens of Enterprise, Alabama erect a monument to the boll weevil, the pest that devastated their fields but forced residents to end their dependence on cotton and to pursue mixed farming and manufacturing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mandy - Van & Schenck
- Yearning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?