Tuesday 11 December 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Woman of Affairs, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1928 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Tomas Gutierrez Alea: Filmmaker.
- Rafael Cortijo: Puerto Rican musician, orchestra leader, and composer.
- NL President John Heydler proposes designated hitter for pitchers
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) police thwart an attempt on US President-elect Herbert Hoover.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm Sorry, Sally - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?