Wednesday 11 December 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Santa Fe Trail, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1940 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- David Gates: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Bread).
- David Gates in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; musician (Bread - "If", "Everything I Own").
- Patrick Tovatt in Garrett Ridge: Colorado, USA; actor (Cal - As the World Turns).
- Donna Mills: TV Actress.
- Edward Penhoet: American biochemist and CEO of Chiron, a biotech research and project company Penhoet has an AB in Biology and a PhD in Biochemistry; for relaxation he works in his vineyard.
- Russian General Zhukov warns of German assault.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dream Valley - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1940 and get them!