Monday 11 December 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Keys of the Kingdom, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1944 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Jon Garrison: American tenor and educator.
- Lynda George: American actress.
- Erik Preminger: American writer, film producer and noted family, the son of Otto Preminger and Gypsy Rose Lee.
- Teri Garr: American actress and comedienne who was a regular on the "Sonny and Cher Comedy Review," 1974.
- Gianni Morandi: Italian pop singer and entertainer.
- Henry Pease Garcia: Peruvian politician.
- Brenda Lee: American singer billed as "Little Miss Dynamite, the little girl with the big voice," from the time she was a 4' 9" (approximately 145 cm) youngster appearing on a local radio show Saturday nights. She then sang on a down-home country-based station which showcased her talents, "The Wranglers." In March 1956, Lee appeared on Red Foley's network TV show, "Ozark Jubilee" and was promptly contracted to remain on the show on a regular basis. She began her career as a recording artist the following ye
- David Ashley White: Composer
- Lynda Day George in San Marcos: Texas, USA; actress (Casey - Mission Impossible).
- Surprise attack on House of Keeping Axe, 29 prisoners freed
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?