Sunday 11 December 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cinderfella, directed by Frank Tashlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1960 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Rachel Portman: English film composer.
- Mary Beth Zimmerman in Mount Vernon: Illinois, USA; LPGA golfer (1987 Henredon Classic).
- Danny Mijovic in Belgrade: Yugoslavia; Canadian Tour golfer (1984 Mexican).
- Black Sunday - Riot in Algiers, 114 die.
- French forces crack down in a violent clash with protesters in French Algeria during a visit by French president Charles de Gaulle.
- MGM's ''The Wizard of Oz'' is rerun on CBS only a year after its previous telecast, thus beginning the tradition of annual telecasts of the film.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?