Tuesday 11 December 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lawrence of Arabia, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1962 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Curtis Williams: Rocker.
- Paul Haslinger: Austrian-born composer.
- Nele Karajlic: Bosnian singer.
- Ben Browder: American actor.
- Ejo Elburg Dutch soccer player (Pax: NEC).
- Kim Linehan: swimmer (1979 1500 metre World record).
- Denise Biellmann: Swiss professional figure skater. She is the 1981 European and World Champion. She won the Swiss Championships three times. She won her first international championship, in Belgium, when she was aged just eight, and at eleven, she won the Swiss junior figure skating championships. At 14, she competed at the 1977 European Championships and placed second in the free skating portion of the competition.
- Arthur Lucas, convicted of murder, is the last person to be executed in Canada.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro) - The Tijuana Brass
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?