Friday 11 December 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Gagner in Chatham and Thomas Howard in Middletown.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Mr. Lonely by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Baby Love by The Supremes was in the top 5 hits.
Zorba the Greek, directed by Michael Cacoyannis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der goldene Schuß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1964 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Dave Gagner in Chatham: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Thomas Howard in Middletown: Ohio, USA; outfielder (Cincinnati Reds).
- John Mark Karr: American who claimed involvement in JonBenet Ramsey case.
- Michel Courtemanche: French Canadian comedian.
- Justin Currie: Scottish founding member of the cult rock band, Del Amitri, in 1981.
- Dave Schools: American singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Widespread Panic Stockholm Syndrome and J Mascis + The Fog)
- Carolyn Waldo: Canadian swimmer and sportscaster
- Sam Cooke, American singer ("You Send Me", "Sad Moon"), slain at a motel at age 33.
- Che Guevara speaks at the United Nations General Assembly in New York City.
- Che Guevara addresses the U.N. General Assembly.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Gene Pitney - I'm Gonna Be Strong
- The Beach Boys - Dance, Dance, Dance
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?