Sunday 11 December 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Sharpe rocker (The Adventures and Göran Kropp.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Blow-Up, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1966 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Terry Sharpe rocker (The Adventures: Starjets-Starjets).
- Göran Kropp: Swedish adventurer, a former military officer and mountain climber who has ascended Mount Everest among his feats.
- Gary Dourdan: American actor.
- Leon Lai: Chinese singer and actor.
- Erik Honoré: Norwegian guitarist and producer.
- Al Nelson sets NFL record returning missed field goal, 100 yards.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- The Hollies - Stop Stop Stop
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Martha and the Vandellas - I'm Ready For Love
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?