Thursday 11 December 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
The Damned, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1969 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Stig Inge Bj?rnebye: Norwegian footballer.
- Sean Grande: American sportscaster.
- Viswanathan Anand: Indian chess grandmaster, current World Chess Champion.
- Francisco Félix: Mexican drug trafficker.
- Stig Bjørnebye: Norwegian footballer and manager.
- Max Martini: American actor director and screenwriter
- Alessandro Melli: Italian footballer and manager
- Maurizio Aiello: Italian actor who has appeared in stage, television and film productions.
- Libya adopts constitution.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Mel And Tim - Backfield In Motion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?