Friday 11 December 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danan Hughes and Doug Nussmeier.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
Rio Lobo, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Levaci.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1970 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Danan Hughes: NFL wide receiver (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Doug Nussmeier: NFL quarterback (New Orleans Saints).
- Errict Rhett: NFL running back (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Ewen Bremner: Scottish actor whose roles have included Daniel "Spud" Murphy in "Trainspotting" (1996), SPC Shawn Nelson in "Black Hawk Down" (2001), and Lt.
- Chris Henderson: Soccer Player.
- Victoria Fuller: Santa Barbara, California -- Playmate (Jan, 1996)
- John Lennon releases an album that contains songs with word fuck
- Start of the first Test match at the WACA, versus England.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Guess Who - Share The Land
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?