Thursday 11 December 1986
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phylea Rashād and Roy Hibbert.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby.
In UK The Final Countdown by Europe was in the top 5 hits.
The Golden Child, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Whirlwind by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Julpussar och Stjärnsmällar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alley Master or Castlequest Castle ExcellentJP.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1986!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1986 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Phylea Rashād: American noted family, the daughter of actress Phylicia Ayers Rashād, co-star on "The Cosby Show" and her husband, NBC sportscaster Ahmad Rashād.
- Roy Hibbert: Basketball Player.
- Paul Keenan: Actor (Summer Fantasy), dies at 30.
- South Africa censors press.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
- Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
- Huey Lewis and the News - Hip To Be Square
- Peter Cetera - The Next Time I Fall
- Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name
- Billy Idol - To Be A Lover
- Duran Duran - Notorious
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?