Saturday 11 December 1999
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Smooth by Santana.
In UK The Millennium Prayer by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Any Given Sunday, directed by Oliver Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Timeline by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Universe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX Substream or Star Wars Trilogy Arcade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1999!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1999 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 December
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santana - Smooth
- Brian McKnight - Back At One
- Jessica Simpson - I Wanna Love You Forever
- Marc Anthony - I Need To Know
- Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
- Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You
- Donell Jones - U Know What's Up
- Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of..)
- Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight
- LFO - Girl On TV
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?