Wednesday 11 December 2002
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Blue featuring Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
25th Hour, directed by Spike Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Portrait of a Killer by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2002!
Which were the important events of 11 December 2002 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Chile government concludes bilateral trade agreement with the USA.
- First flight of the ESC-A variant of the Ariane 5 is a failure, with the rocket and the two communications satellites it was carrying destroyed a few minutes after lift-off from Kourou, French Guiana.
- South African police seize 384nbspkg of explosives found in a truck belonging to Tom Vorster, alleged leader of the far-right militant group the Boeremag.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 2002 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?