Thursday 11 February 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Gøngehøvdingen, directed by Carl Alstrup, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1909 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Max Baer: Omaha, Nebraska -- Heavyweight boxing champ (1934-35).
- Joseph Mankiewicz: American film director, producer and writer who created many legendary films during Hollywood's golden era of the '30, '40s and '50s.
- Gustave Singier: Belgium Painter.
- Joseph L Mankiewicz: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania -- Film writer / director (Sleuth).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Brown Eyes, Good-Bye - Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?