Sunday 11 February 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Jock and T Nagi Reddy.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1917 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Richard Jock: Kinneir graphic designer.
- T Nagi Reddy: Indian revolutionary (d. 1976).
- Giuseppe De Santis: Italian film director.
- Sidney Sheldon: American writer, regarded with distain by literary critics but adored by millions; one of the handful of popular novelists who regularly dominate best-seller lists.
- 8ernard Destremau: Paris 16éme Politician.
- Oswaldo Cruz: Brazilian physician bacteriologist and epidemiologist founded the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (d. 1917).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Paradise Blues - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?