Saturday 11 February 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gerry Goffin and Bryan Gould.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1939 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Gerry Goffin: Queens, New York -- Rock lyricist (married Carole King).
- Bryan Gould: New Zealand-English lawyer and politician.
- Jane Yolen: American author and poet.
- Franz Schmidt: Austrian cellist pianist and composer (d. 1939).
- A Lockheed XP-38 flies from California to New York in 7 hours 2 minutes.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?