Thursday 11 February 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1954 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Jean-Claude Romand: French homicide; a man who lived by deception.
- Wesley Strick: American director and screenwriter.
- Catherine Hickland in Fort Lauderdale: Florida, USA; actress (Capitol, Star Trek IV).
- Noriyuki Asakura: Japanese composer.
- Adolph M Christianson: justice of the North Dakota Supreme Court (Born 1877).
- In Los Angeles, California, the 6th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Ed Sullivan. Best Audience Participation, Quiz or Panel Program: This Is Your Life and What's My Line?
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?