Saturday 11 February 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Beller in Queens and Didier Lockwood.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Carousel, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cinépanorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1956 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Kathleen Beller in Queens: New York, USA; actress (Fort Apache the Bronx, Touched).
- Didier Lockwood: French jazz musician, he was born into a talented family.
- HR : American singer and guitarist (Bad Brains).
- Catherine Hickland: American actress and singer.
- British spies Guy Burgess and Donald Maclean resurface in the Soviet Union after being missing for 5 years.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 February 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?