Tuesday 11 February 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney Presents: Annette.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1958 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 February
- Ernest Jones: British psychonanalyst (Born 1879).
- 1st flight with black stewardess, RC Taylor, Ithaca, New York
- Marshal Chen Yi succeeds Chu En-lai as Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Ruth Carol Taylor is 1st Afr-American woman hired as flight attendant
- WTVC TV channel 9 in Chattanooga, TN (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Royal Teens - Short Shorts
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- The Diamonds - The Stroll
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Elvis Presley - I Beg Of You
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?