Wednesday 11 February 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corinne Shigemoto and Christine Cairns.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK One Night / I Got Stung by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
House on Haunted Hill, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Emergency.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1959 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Corinne Shigemoto: US judo coach (Olympics-1996).
- Christine Cairns: Scottish mezzo-soprano whose career took off in 1985 with a worldwide tour alongside Andre Previn and the LA Philharmonic.
- Sheila Grier: Scottish television actress best known for her stint in "Brookside" for two years and for the daily soap "Take the High Road.
- Barry Weiss: Entrepreneur.
- Bradley Cole: American actor.
- Deborah Meaden: English businesswoman
- Roberto Moreno: Brazilian race car driver
- Marzieh Vahid-Dastjerdi: Iranian educator and politician Iranian Minister of Health
- Marshall Teague: American race car driver (Born 1922).
- The Federation of Arab Emirates of the South, which will later become South Yemen, is created as a protectorate of the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
- Reg Owen and His Orchestra - Manhattan Spiritual
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?