Thursday 11 February 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard A Mastracchio in Waterbury and Nick Currie.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somerset Maugham Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1960 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Richard A Mastracchio in Waterbury: Connecticut, USA; astronaut.
- Nick Currie: Scottish musician.
- Momus : Scottish-Japanese author journalist and songwriter.
- Richard Mastracchio: American engineer and astronaut.
- Jack Paar walks off his TV show.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 February 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?