Saturday 11 February 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carey Lowell in New York City and Mary Docter American 3000 metre speed skater (Olympics-1980.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Will You Love Me Tomorrow? by The Shirelles.
In UK Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Gold of the Seven Saints, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gunslinger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1961!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1961 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Carey Lowell in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Me and Him, Guardian, Dangerously Close).
- Mary Docter American 3000 metre speed skater (Olympics-1980: 1984, 1988, 1992).
- Becky LeBeau in Los Angeles: California, USA; vocalist ("Mischief").
- Didier Millet: French homicide who shot a driver to death in a car on 11/02/1986.
- Henri Plagnol: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Ligia Siciliano: Brazilian publisher of "Edicoes Siciliano," a publishing house of a book-store chain that is a family business. Siciliano is responsible for the esoteric line which she personally enjoys. She is married with no children.
- Carey Lowell: American model and actress
- Eduard R Verkade: Dutch actor / director (Pygmalion), dies at 82.
- Robert Weaver sworn in with then highest federal post by a black
- Trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
- Jackie Wilson - My Empty Arms
- The Capris - There's A Moon Out Tonight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?