Thursday 11 February 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angie Ridgeway in Wabash and Stephen Gregory in New York City.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Greatest Story Ever Told, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alarm in den Bergen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1965 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Angie Ridgeway in Wabash: Indiana, USA; LPGA golfer (1992 Sara Lee-8th).
- Stephen Gregory in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Chase - The Young and the Restless).
- Jehro : French pop and reggae singer, composer for "The Marathonians", son of singer Albert Chénier who died aged 33 in a car accident.
- Robert Stevens: Scientist.
- Vicki Wilson: Australian netball player and coach.
- Beatle Ringo Starr marries Maureen Cox
- Braves propose to pay 5 cents from each ticket to bring a new team to Milw
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 February 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- Sam Cooke - Shake
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- Peter and Gordon - I Go To Pieces
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?