Wednesday 11 February 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Celebration by Kool & The Gang.
In UK Shaddup You Face by Joe Dolce Music Theatre was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Road, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1981!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1981 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
Famous Birthdays:11 February
- Franz Sondheimer: German-English chemist and academic (d. 1981).
- Polish Premier Jozef Pinkowski replaced by Wojciech Jaruzelski
- Australia all out 83 versus India at Melbourne Cricket Ground chasing 143 to win.
- 100,000 US gallons (380 m3) of radioactive coolant leak into the containment building of TVA Sequoyah 1 nuclear plant in Tennessee, contaminating 8 workers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- John Lennon - Woman
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
- Delbert McClinton - Giving It Up For Your Love
- Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?