Monday 11 February 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Duma Key: A Novel by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 11 February 2008 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 February
- Rebel East Timorese soldiers seriously wound President Jose Ramos-Horta. Rebel leader Alfredo Reinado is killed in the attack.
- PDVSA, a state oil company in Venezuela, suspends sales of crude oil to ExxonMobil, in response to a legal challenge by them.
- Bridgestone, under investigation for an alleged price-fixing cartel, uncovers improper payments of at least 150 million Japanese yen to foreign governments and withdraws from the marine hose business.
- Judge John Kessler declares a mistrial in the case of China Arnold, who allegedly microwaved her baby to death. (Dayton Daily News)
- The United States files charges against six alleged al-Qaeda operatives including Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in connection with the September 11, 2001 attacks, seeking the death penalty for war crimes and murder. (Sky News)
- Paintings by Paul Cézanne, Edgar Degas, Vincent van Gogh, and Claude Monet are stolen from the Foundation E.G. Bührle, a museum in Zürich. (AFP)
- 2008 East Timor assassination attempts:
- Prime Minister of East Timor Xanana Gusmão escapes unhurt from an attack on his motorcade.
- The Singapore Flyer, the largest Ferris wheel in the world (30 meters higher than London Eye), starts to turn. (The Straits Times)
- Gregg Bergersen, a United States Defense Department Analyst, is arrested and charged with espionage after being accused of leaking American military secrets to the Chinese government. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?