Thursday 11 February 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 February 2010 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 February
- Vance A Larson: American artist (Born 1951).
- A European Union summit takes place to discuss a possible bailout for Greece's economy. (''The Guardian'')
- The European Parliament rejects an agreement that would have granted the United States Terrorist Finance Tracking Program unlimited access to the SWIFT bank transactions database. (BBC News)
- Protests continue in Sri Lanka after the arrest of opposition candidate Sarath Fonseka. (Bernama)
- A court in Beijing upholds a sentence against Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo who was sentenced to 11 years imprisonment on charges of subversion. (Al Jazeera)
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces that Iran is now a nuclear state, following a successful 20% uranium enrichment. (New York Times)
- Reformists clash with police forces in Iran, during protests held at the 31st anniversary of the overthrow of shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. (Al Jazeera)
- Sergey Aleynikov, a former computer programmer for Goldman Sachs, is indicted for three counts by a U.S. federal court in Manhattan for theft of trade secrets, transportation of stolen property in interstate and foreign commerce, and unauthorized computer access. (Wall Street Journal)
- Former U.S. President Bill Clinton has two coronary stents implanted in his heart at the NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, after chest pains. (New York TImes)
- Haiti announces that the 10 American missionaries accused of attempted kidnapping will be released from custody. (Sky News)
- A large eruption occurs at the Soufrière Hills volcano in Montserrat after a partial lava dome collapse, sending ash to a height of 50,000 feet. (Montserrat Volcano Obeservatory)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?