Saturday 11 February 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Set Fire To The Rain by Adele.
Safe House, directed by Daniel Espinosa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lyons Den.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! or Colors! 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 11 February 2012 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 February
- Arab Spring:
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- A draft resolution is circulated by Saudi Arabia at the United Nations General Assembly calling for an end to the violence, as the Syrian city of Homs is besieged by the Syrian army. (BBC)
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising:
- Bahrain security forces tear-gas dozens of demonstrators, injuring three, ahead of the anniversary of the uprising. (AFP)
- Human rights activist Nabeel Rajab says two Americans have been detained by Bahraini security forces and US Embassy is looking into the reports. (Associated Press)
- 2011–2012 Saudi Arabian protests:
- A second protester is shot dead in eastern Saudi Arabia amid an ongoing anti-government protests. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- Activists in Egypt mark the first anniversary of the overthrow of former President Hosni Mubarak in the 2011 Egyptian revolution with a strike and a day of civil disobedience. (BBC)
- Three people including an Australian journalist, an American student and their Egyptian guide are arrested in the city of El-Mahalla El-Kubra for allegedly offering inducements to people to join. (News Limited)
- The Israel Air Force conducts four air strikes in the Gaza Strip with claims that two people were injured. (AFP via France 24)
- American singer and actress Whitney Houston dies suddenly at the age of 48 at the Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Sudan and South Sudan sign a non-aggression treaty. (IOL)
- Sir Mark Lyall Grant, the Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom to the United Nations, describes claims by Argentina that the United Kingdom is militarising the Falkland Islands as ampquotmanifestly absurdampquot. (Sky News)
- Arid Uka, an Islamic extremist, is convicted in Germany of murdering two U.S. soldiers and injuring another two in a shooting at Frankfurt Airport last year. (AP)
- Five journalists from ''The Sun'' are among eight people arrested in connection with allegations of corrupt payments to police. News International boss Rupert Murdoch says he is committed to the newspaper. (BBC)
- Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is to make an ampquotimportant nuclear announcementampquot within days. (Al Jazeera)
- Burmese protest leader U Gambira is released by authorities in Yangon after being held overnight. (BBC)
- Thousands of people march in Japan against the resumption of nuclear reactors that were closed after the Fukushima disaster last year. (AP via ''Jakarta Post'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 February 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?