Wednesday 11 January 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1911 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Nora Heysen: Australian painter (d. 2003).
- Zenkō Suzuki: Japanese politician 70th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2004).
- Zenko Suzuki: Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2004).
- Harald Steen: Norwegian film actor.
- Roy Hughes: American athlete and pro baseball player, he made his major league debut on April 16, 1935 with the Cleveland Indians.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?