Monday 11 January 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Fool There Was, directed by Frank Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1915 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Luise Krüger: German javelin thrower (d. 2001).
- Paddy Mayne: British colonel and lawyer (d. 1955).
- Robert Blair Mayne: British soldier (d. 1955).
- Violette Nozière: French homicide.
- Colonel Jacob Ruppert and Colonel Tillinghast Huston purchase New York Yankees for $460,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?