Thursday 11 January 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Robarts .
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1917 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- John Robarts: Canadian lawyer and politician 17th Premier of Ontario (d. 1982).
- The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- German saboteurs set off the Kingsland Explosion at Kingsland, NJ (now Lyndhurst, NJ), one of the events leading to U.S. involvement in WWI.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?