Tuesday 11 January 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1921 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Gory Guerrero: American wrestler and trainer (d. 1990).
- Benedict Zilliacus: Finnish journalist author and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Robert Galley: French soldier, engineer, and politician.
- Juanita M Kreps: American economist, educator, & civil servant; 24th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 2010).
- Juanita Kreps: American politician and first woman to hold the post of Secretary of Commerce on 1/23/1977.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?