Friday 11 January 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Cherry in Wichita and Sam B Hall.
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1924 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Don Cherry in Wichita: Texas, USA; singer (Dean Martin Summer Show).
- Sam B Hall: American politician (d. 1994).
- Slim Harpo: American musician (d. 1970).
- Don Cherry: American singer of traditional pop music, best known for his 1955 hit, "Band of Gold"; and a former amateur and professional golfer.
- Roger Guillemin: French-American physiologist, a Professor of Medicine and a researcher in experimental medicine and surgery.
- Claude Paillat: French historian, journalist and writer.
- Sam Hall: Jr. American lawyer judge and politician (d. 1994)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - John McCormack
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?