Sunday 11 January 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Hall and Ed Hall in Roxbury.
The Painted Desert, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1931 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Ed Hall: Roxbury, Massachusetts -- Actor (Dr Bicker-Medical Center).
- Ed Hall in Roxbury: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Dr Bicker - Medical Center).
- Richard Thomas: American banker, the former Chairman of First Chicago NBD Corporation and The First National Bank of Chicago.
- Betty Churcher: Australian painter historian and curator (d. 2015).
- Mary Rodgers: American composer and author (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?