Wednesday 11 January 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Goldie Hill in Karnes County and Adèle Bloemendaal.
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1933 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Goldie Hill in Karnes County: Texas, USA; country singer (Grand Ole Opry).
- Adèle Bloemendaal: Dutch tavern keeper and cabaret singer.
- Duncan Glen: Scottish poet, literary editor and Emeritus Professor of Visual Communication at Nottingham Trent University.
- Goldie Hill: American country music singer.
- Sir Charles Kingsford Smith makes the first commercial flight between Australia and New Zealand.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?