Thursday 11 January 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Chretien and Sir C A R Hoare.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1934 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Jean Chretien: Canadian statesman, 20th Prime Minister of Canada.
- Sir C A R Hoare: British computer scientist.
- Jean Chrétien: Canadian politician, the 20th Prime Minister of Canada from 1993 to 2003.
- Jean Ducuing: French zookeeeper, killed by a hippo at Pessac zoo at 11:30 a.m.
- Edouard Stachowicz: France sport Champion.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?