Thursday 11 January 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark DeVoto and Patricia Coquatrix.
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1940 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Mark DeVoto: Composer.
- Patricia Coquatrix: French singer known for her work in the films Dis-moi que tu m'aimes (1974), L'humeur vagabonde (1972) and Les enfants de l'Olympia (1997).
- Franco Balmanion: .
- Andres Tarand: Estonian geographer and politician 10th Prime Minister of Estonia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Last Time I Saw Paris - Kate Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?