Sunday 11 January 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Date with the Falcon, directed by Irving Reis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Song of Bernadette by Franz Werfel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1942 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Bud Acton: American basketball player.
- Clarence Clemons: American saxophonist and actor (E Street Band) (d. 2011).
- Leo Cullum: American soldier pilot and cartoonist (d. 2010).
- George Mira: American football player.
- Ira Vieth: German financial expert, professional astrologer and author, an active and certified member of ‘Deutscher Astrologenverband/ DAV from1980.
- Charles Acton: American athlete, played pro basketball for one season in 1967.
- Japan conquers Kuala Lumpur, Malaya.
- -23 degrees F (-31 degrees C), Kingston, Rhode Island (state record).
- World War II: Japan declares war on the Netherlands and invades the Netherlands East Indies.
- Sikorsky R-4 first flies, in the United States it will become the first mass-produced helicopter.
- Heinkel test pilot Helmut Schenk becomes the first person to escape from a stricken aircraft with an ejection seat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Shrine of St. Cecelia - Andrews Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?