Monday 11 January 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1943 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Jim Hightower: American radio host, author, and activist.
- William Albert Penn: Composer.
- Henry Cecil: British flat racing horse trainer, widely regarded as one of the greatest trainers in history.
- Jean-Pierre Beysson: French business leader, who serves as Chairman of the Board and Executive Editor of Météo-France.
- US and Britain relinquish extraterritorial rights in China.
- Carlo Tresca, New York's Italian newspaper editor/anti-fascist, is murdered.
- World War II: The United States and United Kingdom give up territorial rights in China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 January 1943 and get them!