Saturday 11 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1947 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Anna Calder-Marshall: Kensington, England -- Actress (Zulu Dawn).
- Wyn Grant: British political scientist and professor of politics at the University of Warwick.
- Jean-Martin Folz: French businessman, the chairman and CEO of PSA Peugeot Citroën from 1997 to 2007.
- Bryan Robson: English international soccer star.
- Eva Tanguay: Canadian-born singer and entertainer (Born 1879).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?