Sunday 11 January 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1948 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Madeline Manning-Jackson-Mimms: US 800m runner (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Al Berto: Portuguese poet and exile to Begium (in 1967), he released his first work in 1977 entitled (translation) "In Search of the Garden of Wind in August.
- Philippe Bourguignon: French businessman who is a director of eBay and has served as the co-Chief Executive Officer of the World Economic Forum.
- Madelene Manning: American athlete and Gold Medal Olympic champion in field and track winning in the women's 880-yard/800m run.
- Joe Harper: .
- Fritz Bohla: German football player and manager
- Wajima Hiroshi: Japanese sumo wrestler (the 54th Yokozuna) and professional wrestler
- Madeline Manning: American runner and coach
- Terry Williams: Welsh drummer (Love Sculpture Man Rockpile and Dire Straits)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Buddy Clark - Ballerina
- Too Fat Polka - Two-Ton Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?