Sunday 11 January 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Little World of Don Camillo, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1953 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Anna Marchesini: Italian entertainer.
- John Sessions: British comedian and popular improv performer as seen on "Whose Line is it Anyway?" He also performed on "Spitting Image.
- Graham Allen: English politician Vice-Chamberlain of the Household.
- Kostas Skandalidis: Greek engineer and politician Greek Minister of Agricultural Development and Food.
- J Edgar Hoover declines six-figure offer to become president of the International Boxing Club.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Ralph Marterie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?