Monday 11 January 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1954 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Jaak Aaviksoo: Estonian physicist and politician 26th Estonian Minister of Defence.
- Saskia ten Batenburg: Dutch actress (Factory, Hunk).
- John Halloran: American astrologer and owner of Halloran software; a Mensa member.
- Kailash Satyarthi: Kailash Satyarthi is an Indian children's rights activist and a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
- 2 ton locomotive swept into ravine by avalanche 10 die (Austria)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 January 1954 and get them!