Wednesday 11 January 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kuniaki Kobayashi and Robert Earl Keen.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don't Go Near the Water by William Brinkle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chevron Hall of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1956 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Kuniaki Kobayashi: Wrestler (WAR / NJPW).
- Robert Earl Keen: American singer.
- Roger Auque: French journalist, diplomat, and spy, kidnapped in Beirut on 13 January 1987, freed on 28 November.
- Philippe Chevallier: French comedian and actor best known for his collaboration with Régis Laspalès.
- Phyllis Logan: Scottish actress, best known for playing Mrs Hughes/Carson in "Downton Abbey" and Lady Jane Felsham in "Lovejoy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?